200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Who Can Attend?
Anyone who has had at least 30 hours of yoga (about 20 classes), LOVES YOGA, and wants to learn more about him or herself. A Teacher. Training is NOT only for experts; it’s for anyone!
Each weekend offers a focus designed to bring you deeper into your practice and help you more clearly express the art of teaching. All weekends will have each of the following components in addition to the weekend theme: Sanskrit, Anatomy, Philosophy, Asana, Meditation, Pranayama. Additional specific key elements will be introduced each weekend.
You might be concerned that it’s all asana. You might be concerned that it’s all sitting and listening. Don’t panic! Sessions alternate between up-tempo periods of asana practice and contemplative periods of group discussion, meditation, and pranayama.
What Will You Learn?
Ever had that feeling during class that there’s a lot more to know about a certain pose, or alignment technique, or idea, but the teacher is only giving you a piece of it because of time constraints? Are you curious about the process of becoming a teacher and deepening your understanding of all the limbs of yoga?
All hours accredited by Yoga Alliance. With completion of parts 1 and 2 + curriculum coursework, students will receive 200 credit hours for a 200-hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) registration.
Each Weekend Schedule
- Fridays: 7:00-9:00pm
- Saturdays: 10am-3:30pm
- Sundays: 10am-3:30pm
- January 19-21st “The World of Yoga”
- February 9-11th “Alignment and Key Teaching Elements”
- March 2-4th “Sequencing and Language”
- March 23-25th “Assist and Adapt to All Levels”
- April 13-15th “Anatomy of movement, diagnostic techniques”
- May 4-6th “Testing for range of motion, creating a private practice”
- June 1-3rd “Tools of the trade and bringing in the “elements””
- June 22-24th “Adjusting, Assisting and “Make the class an event””
- July 20-22nd “Workshops (experiential)/special events and advertising techniques”
- August 10-12th “Tools of the trade: Elements of Advertising Package/Proposal, Develop you specialty. Praticums all weekend.”
Why Choose this program?
- Perspective – Rather than learning one set style or sequence, this program explores the world of yoga and encourages you to find your own unique voice, style, or focus area.
- Diversity – You gain the benefit of learning from two teachers with diverse styles and backgrounds. Read more about Emily and Christy here.
Convenience – this program is designed for working people over 10 weekends each year (Friday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays). Each weekend offers a focus designed to bring you deeper into your practice and help you more clearly express the art of teaching.
- Variety– You might be concerned that it’s all asana. You might be concerned that it’s all sitting and listening. Don’t panic! Sessions alternate between up-tempo periods of asana practice and contemplative periods of group discussion, meditation, and pranayama.
- Practical application – You will practice teaching in each weekend session to gain practical experience.
- Experience – Darling Yoga’s program is accredited by the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga School (RYS 200). More importantly, we are entering our eighth year in offering this program with success. Read below for testimonials from a few of our past graduates!
Costs & Online Payment Links
- Deposit: $100 Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable Deposit – Will be deducted from Tuition Costs below at first payment.
- 200-Hr Program: $2,200 total if paid in full by January 19th, 2018
- Part One: $1,150 total if paid in full by January 19th, 2018
- Part Two: $1,150 total if paid in full by May 4th, 2018
- Installment Option: $275 per weekend session
- Book costs separate (approximately $75)