Program Details – 200-HR RYT Program
Contact Hours – 160 hours – These are program class hours where the teacher trainer is physically in the presence of the student.
Practicum – 20 hours (student must keep records) – All of the following can be completed at Darling Yoga Studio (no charge to students in the YTT program), or student may choose an approved mentor to complete requirements at his or her expense. Detailed information, along with forms for record keeping are provided in the Forms Section of the 200-HR teacher training manual.
- Observe and record observations of approved classes – 8 hours
- Assist in an approved yoga classes and be supervised by an approved mentor – 8 hours
- Lead/teach 3 yoga classes and be observed by an approved teacher – 4 hours
Darling Yoga-approved electives – 20 hours – Student may choose from various in depth studies to better focus the direction of their final stages of Teacher Training.
All students in the current YTT must show evidence of the following:
A Daily Yoga Practice – All students are strongly encouraged to maintain a daily sadhana (yoga practice) at least 5 times per week. A sadhana practice is essential to deepening your yoga experience. Practice can be between 1 and 2 hours daily, and include any combination of asana, pranayama and meditation. Please keep a current record of your practice and be prepared to hand it in at designated times during the YTT program (make copies of the daily log provided in the Forms Section of this training manual).
Yoga Class Attendance – Students must attend regular yoga classes (at least 1-2 times a week). A class attendance log (make copies of the attendance log provided in the Forms Section of this manual), may be signed by the class teacher. Part of your contact hours (scheduled yoga teacher training program classes) may be used to help fulfill this. Bonus: All classes taken at Darling Yoga are 50% off during the period of your enrollment and most workshops 20% off.
Journal – Svadhyaya, self-study, is an integral part of the yoga experience. Students are asked to keep a daily journal of their experiences. Journal entries are not graded, however they are required for completion of program/registration. Please bring your journals to class.
Teacher Training Attendance – In accordance with the Yoga Alliance National Teacher Training Registration Standards, participants must attend all sessions in their entirety in order to receive a 200-hour certificate. If you must miss a session for any reason, either planned or unanticipated, please speak to the program administrator for make-up options.
Tests – There will be three comprehensive tests, one for each module, to check your proficiency in the material covered in class and in the manual as well as in your readings and class notes.
We will meet as a group on the 10 weekends listed below per the following schedule:
- Friday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-3:30pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-3:30pm
Dates and Content – 2018:
- Jan 19-21st “The World of Yoga”
- Feb 9-11th “Alignment and Key Teaching Elements”
- Mar 2-4th “Sequencing and Language”
- Mar 23-25th “Assist and Adapt to All Levels”
- Apr 13-15th “Anatomy of movement, diagnostic techniques”
- May 4-6th “Testing for range of motion, creating a private practice”
- June 1-3rd “Tools of the trade and bringing in the “elements””
- June 22-24th “Adjusting, Assisting and make the class an event”
- July 20-22nd “Workshops (experiential)/special events and advertising techniques”
- Aug 10-12th “Tools of the trade: Elements of Advertising Package/Proposal, Develop your specialty. Practicums all weekend.”
Darling Yoga will follow the curriculum as approved by Yoga Alliance and will not stray from this content and no additional fees or expenses may be charged to a student outside of the tuition costs and books and materials expenses as previously outlined.
Registering your Certificate of Completion
As a participant in the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Darling Yoga, students who complete the program will be awarded a certificate of completion for the hours completed which can be registered through Yoga Alliance. Because of its status as a Yoga Alliance- approved school (RYS), Darling Yoga graduates of the YTT program are eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance and carry the official designation “RYT” (Registered Yoga Teacher). This designation is usually required for those seeking employment as Yoga instructors. See: http://yogaalliance.org.
Students who complete the program, however, are not guaranteed a teaching position or employment.
In accordance with the Yoga Alliance National Teacher Training Registration Standards, participants must attend all sessions in their entirety in order to receive a 200-hour certificate. If you must miss a session for any reason, either planned or unanticipated, please speak to the program administrator for make-up options.
We provide three pricing options for various commitment levels. You may pay for the entire program in full, upfront for Part One and Part Two, or by the weekend.
As a bonus, all classes taken at Darling Yoga during the term of your enrollment period will be 50% off and most workshops are 20% off.
Option 1 – Pay in Full: $2,200 Total (Must be paid in full by January 19th, 2018)
Option 2 – Pay in Two Installments: ($2,300 Total):
- Part One (1st five sessions): $1,150 if paid in full by January 19th, 2018
- Part Two (2nd five sessions): $1,150 if paid in full by May 4th, 2018
Option 3 – By the Weekend: ($2,750 Total):
- $275 per weekend session
Books & Materials Required
Darling Yoga will provide all books for sale – available at the studio, or students may bring their own personal copies. If you choose to bring your own, please consult with our staff first to make sure you own the correct edition.
- Manual (Included)
- “Light on Yoga” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “The Yoga Practice Guide” – Bruce Bowditch
- “The Yamas and Niyamas” – Deborah Adele
- Notebook for note-taking
- Journal for journaling assignments
Students may withdrawal from the program at any point, for any reason by emailing us in writing to email@example.com. You may also call the school with questions at (913) 498-1144, however clear written notice of intent to withdrawal is required along with withdrawal date. Please refer to refund policy below.
A $100.00 non- refundable, non-transferrable deposit holds your place in the training.
Any pre-paid monies, other than the initial, $100 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit will be returned in full if student requests to withdrawal from the program in writing anytime prior to the program start date. If student withdraws, and has prepaid for any materials, those materials (other than the training manual) will be provided (or) the value of the materials will be refunded.
The following applies to students who prepay for Part One, Part Two or the Full 200-Hour training upfront:
- If student withdraws during the first week of the enrollment period (by 1/26/2018), a 90 percent refund will be issued.
- If student withdraws during the first 25 percent of the enrollment period, but after the first week (between 1/27/18-3/15/18), a 55 percent refund will be issued.
- If student withdraws during the second 25 percent of the enrollment period (by 5/1/2018) a 30 percent refund will be issued.
- If student withdraws during the last 50 percent of the enrollment period (after 5/1/2018), no refund will be issued.
To withdrawal from the program, we require clear notice of students’ intention to withdrawal with a refund request. All refund requests will be reviewed to determine qualification for refund. If student meets qualification based on the above policies, the refund will be provided within 45 days of the notice of intent to withdrawal. See “Student Withdrawal” section above for more details on how to withdraw.
For any additional information or to submit a question to our staff please contact us and we will get back to you shortly.
Register for the program in two steps: